Followers

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Festive Friday challenge 162 - 4th of July


I was playing around making doubled up stenciling making use of red and blue distress oxide inks with blending brushes on the stencils. I found there to be a lot of ink left on the stencil that I did not want to waste, so I spritzed it with water and laid white paper on it to see how that would turn out. This bottom panel shows the results. Then I used the negative piece of a punched flower to stencil the flowers over it to give it a little more color. The top panel was done by doubling up two different stencils and then rubbing the ink over the combined stencils. I had found these great 4th of July layered stickers on sale a few weeks ago so used two of them on this card. I love making slimline cards and need to make them more often than I do. I don't usually make and send 4th of July cards, but I will put this one in the mail so that someone can find a little surprise in their mailbox.

You can find the details of this challenge here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment