Followers

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

How does your garden grow?

 

I used an old stamp from the now out of business, Flourishes, who once had Marcella Hawley as one of their artists. She now owns her own company called Power Poppy. I stamped the image with Versafine clair black ink, and colored it with alcohol markers. The design papers are some oldies from my stash from a Basic Grey collection. I embossed the entire background with a Sizzix lattice embossing folder and then rubbed over it with a distress oxide honey ink pad. I used a punch for the oval for the sentiment and a die for the circle. So I think I met 3 different requirements for three different challenges. They are these:

 to use something from the garden and an old stamp that is over 1 year old (this one is probably over 10 years old.

to use embossing and a fruit or veggie

And the sketch of this card is from the sketch challenge:
 Try a Sketch on Tuesday challenge 



4 comments:

  1. Very cute - nice mix of patterned papers. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice texture on the background using pretty patterned papers... pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you embossed the entire panel. So interesting and fun. Hmm - are you trying to tell me to eat my vegetables - LOL! Thanks for joining us at Try A Sketch On Tuesday.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute carrot card, Liz! Love the sentiment since it has two meanings. :) Thanks for sharing with us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete