Followers

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Pastels, gems, and sparkles for Christmas


For the last two days I have been inspired to make Christmas cards. Perhaps, because I have a lot of new Christmas dies and stamps I have found on sale and haven't used yet, I was excited to try. Here's one that I plan to use for the Can You handle the pressure challenge to use pastels and also for the SCS May Challenge to use sparkles and bling. This is my new wreath stamp from Sweet and Sassy Stamps and also a new 3 D Sizzix folder I have not had the chance to use much. I used Distress oxide inks to stamp the wreath and so water color the flowers and leaves. I added bling and sparkly enamel dots to the centers of the flowers, and gemstones for the berries. I used a sparkle pen to go over the white flowers and ribbon. Although this took me longer than I usually like to allow for an individual card (mainly because applying the embellishments took more time), I loved how it turned out. 

You can find out the details for the Can You Handle the Pressure challenge here:


 

3 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty Christmas make, and I absolutely love that embossing folder behind the wreath! All those sparkly gems really make this one festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous stamp, and love all the extra bling! Thanks for joining us at Can You Handle the Pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the muted colors on this wonderful Christmas design!!

    ReplyDelete