Followers

Thursday, June 24, 2021

CCEE2125

 Hi friends!

Kelly here with our last challenge for June and

I hope you've enjoyed playing in the challenges!

June 20 is National Eagle Day in the USA so let’s celebrate this national symbol.

It’s a time set aside raise awareness about the bald eagle

and to preserve the bird's natural habitat.

Please use an eagle (or bird if you don't have an eagle) on your card/project

to celebrate this winged treasure!


For my card I  first used an old favorite SU background stamp I have had for years as the background. Then I inked up an embossing folder that had stripes with blue distressed oxide ink. I ran it through my Big Shot and with my fabulous blending brushes added the red. I cut my eagle silhouette out of black paper using one of the patterns on my Cricut Joy. I punched out the silver stars and glued them on. The eagle has dimensionals behind him. This is going to be a great card to send someone for the 4th of July.

You can find all the other team member's cards over on the CCEE blogsite found here:


We'd love to have you play along with us on this or any of our challenges. 

I am also entering this card in the DL Challenges this week as the criteria is red, white, and blue. 
You can find that challenge here:



4 comments:

  1. Great use of all the elements on this card. The bold silhouette of the eagle just pops off the red/white/blue background. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great!! Happy National Eagle Day
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #280 “Red, White & Blue” Linky challenge.
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz this is awesome! I didn’t see it on my first round so I’m glad I checked back. Very patriotic and just a super design! Thanks for your cards this month of June!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this patriotic beauty!! Sensational background for your stars and eagle!

    ReplyDelete