Followers

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Wideness of God's Mercy


This card was so fun to make. I am a very eclectic rubber stamp artist with an extensive collection of stamps and digital designs.  I have collected over the past 20 years. I entitled this piece "Wideness of God's Mercy" and the stamps and supplies to create this have come from lots of sources. I patronize all paper and stamping supply businesses and collect up the images I love, and the inks I find most effective for my style of stamping. I used watercolor paper to stamp, stencil, and smash ink onto. The sailboat and the sun are stamps from Stampin' Up. The silhouetted palm trees are from Sweet and Sassy, the sentiment is from what use to be Our Daily Bread Designs. As some of these stamps are perhaps no longer available for sale, it makes them all the more valuable to me. I don't usually buy too many of the stamps that are faddish but rather I go for some quality art that seems to always be vogue. And as you can see, they mix so well into fabulous scenes or focus points for cards for decades to come.  The stencil I used is from Gina K and is one of my favorites. My favorite "go to" inks are Tim Holtz's distress oxide inks because it can be used in such a variety of ways and I love the finish look it has.  When I saw that the challenge this week for Daring Cardmakers was inky background, which is one of my favorite things to create, I was right into getting this done. check out their link by clicking the above Daring Cardmakers that is underlined.

Hope all mothers everywhere have a  great mother's day even if it is  spent not even getting to be with your grown children due to this COVID 19. To the mothers whose little ones are quarantined at home, take advantage of this quality time with each other, life passes all too quickly.  I do pray God's mercy is covering all of  you with health and safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment