Followers

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

CCEE2021 Mother May I?

 Hi everyone!  Kelly here with another challenge for this month.

Mother MAY I?  

 Create a card based on the popular children’s game 
 featuring children playing or create a card for a child.


I used this silhouetted image of kids playing follow the leader and enjoying the sunshine. 
I loved that my childhood was spent with outdoor fun with the neighborhood kids on the block.  Children don't seem to have the safety of that kind of outdoor play any more and it is a shame  Great memories and friendships were made. 

I used distress oxide ink to smash tthe color onto the sky. I blended the green for the grass and used a stencil to make the sun and sun rays. Versafine black was used for the stamping.  

Play along with us if you would like. If you put it on SCS use the keyword CCEE2021 on your card. Mr. Linky can be found over on the CCEEstampers blogsite you can find HERE. While you are there check out the other team members' cards to see the cards they have created. 

5 comments:

  1. Love these kids frolicking in the sunshine!! Most of my happy childhood memories involved playing outside with neighborhood kids and you!! We didn't come in until the cows came home and it was awesome!! Sensational card for the challenge, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As kids, we played outside all day, in a big group. Sorry kids today can't do that. When the street lights came on, we had to go home. Now kids can't even leave their yards. No fun! Your follow the leader card is really cute, mf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for the challenge, Liz! We grew up in a time where kids could really enjoy the outside without a care in the world. Great memories created here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the die I sent for about a month ago that I haven't gotten yet! You did an amazing job with it....much better than I would have! Love it! Great work, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I think this might be one of my favorite cards of yours! I love the vibrant colors! And such a wonderful view of childhood (and now as a grandma, here I am again running around!) LOVE THIS! (and you!) hugs!

    ReplyDelete