Followers

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Retro Rubber Challenge #132 - Flower Power


This is for the Retro Rubber Challenge #182 - Flower Power. One of the requirements of the challenges over on Retro Rubber is to use a stamp at least a year old. This set is an old Stampin' Up set from 2002 (wow - 20 years ago, and I still chose to keep this in my massive stamp collection). I stamped them in distress oxide inks and used those inks to water color the images. The leaves are a punch from Martha Stewart (also an oldie but goodie). I also used an old SU set called itty bitty which included this ink splatter that I use all the time on my cards. The sentiment is a sticker tag from aTim Holtz's Idea-o-logy pad. Just to give it a little more power and glam I added the colorful rhinestones on the some of the flowers.

Find the details of the challenge here:


4 comments:

  1. So fun, Liz - love the "sketchy" quality of these blossoms, and your fun coloring! So playful with the gems! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh!! those Rhine Stones really shine on these sweet little flowers, I love the sketchy look on them also.
    Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I have some oldies in my collection too! This is a fun floral, glad you held on to it, it's bright and cheerful on your card! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use your "ancient" stamp set with a few little additions. A very whimsical look to the flowers and embellies! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete