Followers

Saturday, September 11, 2021

The Falling Leaves


Fall seems to be in the air, and so do fall challenges. So I made this one for the Alphabet Challenge this week to use L is for leaves. It also fits the Inkspiration challenge of autumn leaves and the Three Room Studio challenge to use vellum. 
Here are the sites for the challenges so you can check out the details for these fabulous challenges:




First I made the blended colors of distressed oxide inks on white cardstock. Then I ran it through my embossing folder ( a leafy one). Next I used my sanding block to rub off the ink from the raised parts of the embossing. I die cut some vellum leaves with a sizzix die. The ovals are also from Sizzix. A added red dew drops for berries. The sentiment is one I stamped using one of my sister's stamps while I was visiting her, and unfortunately I failed to record the source. It is nice to have a sister who shares this passion with rubber stamping with and together we have a fabulous collection of supplies over the past 20 years. 



 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful background colours and sentiment,a brilliant card,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card! Good old C.S. Lewis, always excellent advice. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sentiment and your leaves are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you've sanded the leaves back in your background - it's a great effect. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete