Followers

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Twofer Challenge #36

 


The challenge on the Twofer Card Challenge this week is a "Your Choice" and since I live in Texas and spring is arriving , bluebonnets are my favorite part of springtime in Texas. I used a retired Stampin' Up stamp to make my blue bonnets. One card I made an any occasion card, and one is a thinking of you card. The sentiment on the card on the left is from Deadbeat Designs, which was a Texas based rubber stamp company that has recently gone out of business. I miss them and their unique and wonderful designs that featured some of Texas' unique characteristics and attitudes that we Texans tend to have. 

The sentiment on the card on the right is from Stampin' Up as well. The background texture is made using a Hero Arts stamp.  






Here is where you can find this challenge: 

https://twofercardchallenge.blogspot.com/2021/03/twofer-card-challenge-36-your-choice.html





4 comments:

  1. Two lovely, lovely cards Liz. I imagine Spring in Texas must be beautiful with all that lovely blue showing up everywhere! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created two fantastic cards with this beautiful stamp, Liz. I like the sentiment on the first card, although I'm not living in Texas. I can imagine to have the similar stamp for my country. :-)
    Thank you for joining us at TCC#36.
    Hugs.
    Sonja, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Liz ... your cards take me back to a song I used to listen to by Nanci Griffith called Gulf Coast Highway ... it was the first time I'd heard of bluebonnets! You chose a gorgeous prompt ... a cluster of bluebonnets is so appropriate with that fun sentiment on your first card! I love the softness of your 'Thinking of You' card ... and the background is wonderfully subtle ... such a dreamy look! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE bluebonnets! We have a similar flower called lupine and it's just so gorgeous every spring! I love the cards you've created using the bluebonnets and the sediments are great! Thank you for playing in TCC #36! Enjoy spring! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete