Followers

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

CCEE2109 - Old Stuff

 Hi Crafty Friends,

It's a brand new month, which means a brand new challenge hostess. This month our hostess is  Frances Byrne. 

Apparently the 2nd March was Old Stuff Day, for our challenge this week let's combine something older (stamps, dies etc) with something newish.

Now let's take a look at the cards our Design Team created for this week's challenge over on the CCEEStampers blogsite HERE,



The flower pots and sentiment were stamped with one of my newest SU stamps and the plant I stamped in them are from a very old stamp set from Stampin' Up. Stenciling is a newer technique for me so I used it for my newer look. The photo is a great vintage photo from Tim Holtz's paper doll collection. I used a yellow copic marker and a peach copic marker to color on parts of the photo. It reminded me of the old black and white photos from over 70 years ago that my mother colored with some kind of special alcohol ink to add a little color to the skin tones on those old black and white photos. The old saying "Everything old is new again" comes to mind for me for this fun challenge. Some of the old things from the past are very special and how fun it is to put them together with some of the newer tools and techniques now available! 


3 comments:

  1. What a fun and fabulous blend of new and old!! Love this TH girl with the potted plants on the brick wall as her background!! Awesome design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great mix of old and new! Good job!

    ReplyDelete