Followers

Saturday, July 9, 2022

Beyond the blue challenge - Use 2 or more stencils




https://beyondthebluechallenges.blogspot.com/2022/07/bb65-two-or-more-stencils.html

Stenciling has become a real "go to" technique for me. As a child, I remember my grandmother using stenciling when painting layers of images onto fabric. These stencils were made from waxed heavy paper. and with stiff stenciling brushes she would rub and blend in her fabric paints. Today's stenciling is a little different but adds wonderful colors and blending to a background. The challenge over at Beyond the Blue was to use 2 or more stencils. I chose to actually overlap my stencil layers onto each other for my card. I used various purple distress oxide inks for both layers and two different stencils. Then I added some Spellbinder die cut flowers to it and a large sentiment from  Picket Fence, which was stamped using versafine clair black. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Ooo I love the overlaying stencil effect with the distress oxides!! So colorful and pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete